Trekking Event “Rajd Bankowca”, which has become the bank’s signature initiative, allows employees and their families to travel to different places in Poland and abroad.
It is the largest corporate recreational event organised for the past 24 years. All the current and retired employees of the bank and their families are invited to participate in these trips, organised several times per year. The event combines corporate integration, good fun and active family relaxation. It is designed to cater to the expectations and likes of any employee, offering both relaxation and active leisure. Employees can choose from a wide choice of routes and activities, including skiing, snowboarding, cycling, sailing, horseback riding, hiking and sightseeing. They explore attractive sites in Poland and neighbouring countries.
In 2017, the “trekking bankers”, participating in three family editions (winter, summer and autumn), visited Krynica, Podlasie, the Kłodzko Valley and the Czech Republic. The most perseverant took part in in two events: The Green Velo bicycle tour, where they covered a distance of more than 400 km in 4 days and a Hohe Tauren trekking route in Austria.
- Overall, 1,942 people participated in the project (up by 7 % versus 2016) and as many as 90% declared their presence in the following year.
- According to the survey conducted among the participants of the 2017 Trekking Event, 91% of participants would recommend the programme to other employees.
Once a year, employees can participate in this event on preferential terms, thanks to a subsidy from the Company Social Benefits Fund.
Key objectives of the project:
- promotion of the work-life balance concept,
- integration through sports, tourism and recreation,
- promotion of active leisure time,
- raising the awareness of valuable natural and landscape features of Poland and other countries.
In response to a huge interest of our employees, in 2018, we will organise six editions of the Rajd Bankowca Trekking Event.