Highlights of 2020:
PLN 842 million is the total value of our green financing, including:
- PLN 294 million for green buildings with BREEAM Excellent or higher or LEED Gold or higher certificates:,
- PLN 146 million for RES development,
- PLN 176 million for the purchase of green public transport and cars.
Our commitment to RES funding in 2020 was 10 times greater than in 2019.
Implementation of the bank’s environmental footprint reduction plan.
In 2020, we achieved neutrality on internal carbon emissions. This was made possible by the transition to green energy, as well as the purchase of carbon credits, or green certified assets that offset emissions. We also replaced our vehicle fleet with green hybrid cars, which have lower fuel consumption and lower emissions.
- 100% of the electricity purchased by the bank comes from eco-friendly sources, mainly hydroelectric power plants
- 0% of plastic water bottles – we used 7 tons less plastic.
Support for external projects and initiatives.
As the only representative of the Polish financial sector, we have joined the Polish Plastics Pact to actively participate in developing solutions for packaging manufacturers. We intend to support them in eco-transformation and in efforts to increase the scale of plastic waste reuse.